6 Great Tips to Help you Lose Weight
Read on for great tips to help you lose weight. It can be such a battle to lose weight. You feel filled with determination and then you fall off your track again! We’ve all been there. You can spend many hours being hard on yourself, but weight loss is a very complex issue and it’s not just about self-discipline.
We are here to help. Take a look at these useful tips . Have a look at what Bone Broth can do to help limit those cravings.
Have a look at our founder’s talk about Bone Broth for Weight loss .
Emotional Causes and Getting Help
Often weight gain is caused by emotional issues and the times we live in are bringing many issues to the fore, along with a prolonged period of being stuck at home. To be able to successfully reverse your weight gain it’s important to find the right support such as psychological treatment, counselling or even talking to someone. There is always a cause, so if you go back to the route of the cause and heal yourself from there onwards, the physical work that you need to do becomes easier.
Improving your diet
As well as talking through your life events with someone, you should take action to improve your health through your diet. Here are a few things you can do to improve your diet. Don’t weigh yourself! Initially, don’t even think about the scales. It’s not about the number on the scales. The journey has to start with feeling better.
- Remove all sugar from your diet – chocolate, cakes, biscuits, and anything on the packets of food that say fructose, glucose, and sucrose. This is tough, we know! But sugar and sugar cravings give highs and lows in your energy levels which can affect your mood and that can mean seeking the ‘comfort’ of the carbs which will only ever give a very short-term energy boost.
- Cut back on all gluten foods such as bread, anything with flour, pasta, and cereals. Include only one thing a day.
- Cut back your alcohol intake to only drinking once or twice a week.
- Include more vegetables in your diet, especially leafy greens, and try to eat your vegetables raw or nearly raw.
- Cut back on red meat and eat more chicken, eggs, and oily fish.
- Drink bone broth and probiotic drinks. Bone broth can help you to lose weight. Because broth is high in protein it can help you feel fuller for longer. If you sip on a cup of broth in the morning, then not only are you improving your digestive system, but you are also having a meal that’s high in protein. Protein is much more calorific dense than sugary starchy foods found in carbohydrates. What this means is that you are giving yourself more energy in smaller amounts of food that will take longer to digest in your gut. This prevents you from feeling hungry. You can go to our shop here.
Be kind to yourself
Remember to be kind to yourself. It is not about being 100% all of the time. It’s about trying to achieve the small steps which result in feeling healthier and weight loss will follow. It’s important to remember that this is your wellness journey, so essentially there is no end. Once you begin to let go of the urgency to lose weight, weight loss becomes more natural.