Egg Fried Rice
I made this egg-fried rice with brown rice and vegetables only. Meat is an optional choice with this meal. It isn’t vegetarian because of the broth. A very good meal for anyone following the FODMAP diet.
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 55-minutes
TOTAL PREP TIME: 10-minutes
- 250g cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 x asparagus chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 400ml Boil and Broth beef bone broth
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- Fresh basil
- Cook the brown rice in boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain through a sieve when cooked.
- In a wok, heat the coconut oil.
- Add the asparagus and peppers and cook for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the cooked brown rice and stir the vegetables with the rice. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the bone broth and turn the heat up slightly until the broth begins to bubble in the wok. Continually stir.
- Add the spices and lower the heat. Simmer with a lid covering the wok for a further 20 minutes or until the broth has been absorbed into the rice. Check on the rice dish every 5 minutes to stir, not allowing the ingredients to stick to the wok.
- When the broth has been absorbed into the rice, the dish is ready to serve. Garnish with basil (optional).