Beef Broth Casserole
This delicious beef broth casserole is perfect for cold winter evenings
This beef broth casserole is super nutritious. It’s packed full of vegetables, broth and organic beef. We always advise to eat organic where you can and choose locally farmed foods if possible. Eating a more natural diet can help to prevent any unwanted toxins from entering your body.
It’s easy to make our beef broth casserole, simply use the oven or a slow cooker if you have one.
- 900g organic beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 240g green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150g frozen peas
- 10 x Boil and Broth beef bone broth scoops added to 1 litre of boiling hot water
- 240ml red wine (optional)
- 30g tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 5g dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30g all-purpose flour (optional, for thickening)
- Preheat your oven to 163°C (325°F).
- In a large oven-safe pot or slow cooker, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef stew meat and brown it on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are softened and translucent.
- If using, add the red wine to deglaze the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Add the browned beef back to the pot. Stir in the tomato paste, dried thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the beef bone broth, ensuring that the meat is fully covered. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, celery, green beans, and peas to the pot. Stir everything together.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, you can mix 30 grams of flour with a bit of water to create a paste and then stir it into the casserole.
- Cover the pot with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven. Bake for about 2 to 2.5 hours or until the beef is tender. Up to 6 hours if using a slow cooker.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve your delicious beef casserole with crusty bread or over cooked rice.
Enjoy your hearty and flavorful beef casserole!